I am often asked what we do at FASST Performance. Often, we are asked how we compare to the competition, what type of workouts we do, and how we can help improve an athletes performance. I think that the best way to answer who we are, is by answering who we aren’t. The following list will enable you to learn more about who we aren’t in an attempt to help you understand what we are all about.
- We aren’t going to promise you increased 40 yard dash times, higher vertical jumps, 400+ pound bench press, or make any claims of how our methods will make you win a state championship. I have been working with athletes for far too long and have assisted numerous athletes in reaching their goals. By promising increased times, distances, and weights, it lends to a far less sophisticated approach to training and limits what the athlete can or can’t do. We have one goal, and one goal only. That goal is to help our athletes reach the highest level of participation in whatever sport they play. Our system has helped our clients earn professional contracts to the NFL, MLB, Olympic Trials, and college scholarships.
- We aren’t going to videotape people doing what they should be doing. That is working hard, pushing themselves to the limit, and dominating the gym. Although we do have some video of of our athletes making some monster jumps or hammering some heavy weights, we like to limit the amount of time we are holding cameras. The more time someone is filming, the less time the coach is coaching. We have had some of the Lehigh Valley’s premier athletes pass through our gym and they didn’t become elite by having themselves filmed after every set. In today’s society, anyone can put their image on Youtube. Instead of inflating athletes egos by putting them on film, we like the response we get when our athletes are signing their letter of intent and receiving hundreds of thousands of dollars in financial aid.
- We aren’t’ going to lie about our backgrounds to impress our clients. Being an insider in the strength and conditioning field, I recognize that most of our clients don’t have the knowledge that we have in the strength and conditioning field. Because of this, we do our best to educate our potential clients. We have seen first hand coaches putting false information on websites, videos, and other marketing materials that can fool a potential client. You can google anyone of our coaches and see first hand what credentials they bring. We pride ourselves on being former elite athletes as well as top level coaches. I began as a coach and run my facility as a coach. We have no need to falsify what we have done to impress others. Most people are impressed by the work they see our athletes putting in at the gym and that is enough validation for our success.
- We aren’t going to recruit you on Facebook. With all the recruiting services, Facebook stalkers, sports page investigators, and other people who are able to gather information at the speed of thought, we will not go after potential clients using these methods. Our business is based off of referrals and word of mouth. We work with many of the Lehigh Valley’s top coaches and look for a specific client. We want our facility to be the place to be and want people who not only endorse our training system, but believe in assisting everyone in the environment improve. I believe if you market to the masses and follow the masses, you never become the best you. By working with people who are motivated, hard working, talented, and express a no excuse attitude, these attributes will spread to everyone around them. It becomes contagious and outstanding results will follow. We don’t want people who are looking for quick fixes, gimmicks, or to be part of a hangout. We are too busy getting it done to be trolling social media, pestering high school students who need to be given a sales pitch to improve themselves.
- We aren’t feeling excuses. Growing up I heard people making excuses everyday about how they were getting the short end of the stick. They had low paying jobs, no money for education, were getting screwed over by the coach or their boss. I found out at an early age that making excuses not only was for losers but wasted a bunch of my valuable time. After losing my parents to cancer within 10 months, I had the opportunity to make up every excuse in the book and go down hill. Instead I wanted to make the right choices and use adversity as a tool to make a better life. It wastes my time hearing others excuses and it wastes mine making my own. We have people who drive hours to workout at my place. Not because of specialized equipment, our glamorous workout environment, or a computer program. They come because of the people involved and the results our clients get. If you are traveling to our facility from outside the area, our address will remain the same. The distance you travel will not change, the cost of training has remained relatively the same, and the workouts will continue to be intense. My wife and I have three children of our own and realize that with anything worthwhile, there will be sacrifice. It has never made sense to me when someone tells me that a 20 minute drive is too far. In our world, there really isn’t a difference between 10, 20, or 30 minutes if you know what you want to get out of the trip. I know from the moment the athlete steps foot in the gym, with or without a parent, who will become part of our exclusive team. It will be the person who isn’t looking for excuses for why they can’t but looking for reasons they can succeed. Results aren’t cheap and they shouldn’t be. We aren’t going to provide discounts for elite athletes or for younger children. We will though offer you a no excuse environment that will help you be the best you!!!!! It has been this no excuse, no nonsense approach that has enabled me to be the first person in my family to become a college graduate, earn a spot in my college hall of fame, and build a successful business with the help of all of our motivated and committed athletes. We take our hats off to all of you and if you’re reading this, you are probably one of our no excuse making clients who have been crushing the opponents.
I think that by learning who we aren’t you will now have a clearer picture of who we are. We thank you for taking the time to read this and appreciate all of your business. Next time you are thinking about who you are, take a little time and figure out who you aren’t. This may be a great approach in helping you become the person you want to be!!!
Have a great weekend,